Alexa is a virtual assistant, which is also known as Amazon Alexa. It is capable of music playback, voice interaction, setting alarm, making a to-do list, playing an audiobook, streaming podcasts, providing traffic, weather, sports, and other important news.
The developer of the application is Amazon and it was first implemented in the Exho from Amazon. Alexa can control several the different devices which form the part of automation system for homes. Its capabilities can be extended by installing “skills”. It is available in a few languages to interact with and some of them include Spanish, English, German and French.
Alexa can be used to call and message. The user can hear updates on weather, sports, and other stuff while doing other stuff. Food can be ordered through Alexa. Alexa is one of the biggest computer assistants coming up in the market.
- You don’t have to use your hands to operate it
- It can control smart lights and adjust them according to your preference
- It is quite hampering with privacy as it pick-ups every audio
- It saves user location for output purpose but it can be an issue of privacy again and safety too
- Clear the history every now and then
- Delete any recording which you feel is important to be a secret
- You can change the word “ALEXA” or “WAKE”. You can do it by pressing on “WAKE Word” option on the companion app
- You can change Alexa’s voice from “Language” option