Flightradar24 is a live flight tracker app that allows you to find the status of flights on their different routes and information about airports all around the globe. The app was developed by Flightradar24 AB. They released the app on September 15th, 2010 and it was last updated on April 5th, 2019 to the version 8.3.0. Currently, it is a top-rated app with over 10.000.000 downloads on the Google Play App Store and 4.4 stars critics review. It should be noted that you can get the app absolutely for free. However, some features won’t be available for free users.
Flightradar24 is a global flight tracking service that provides you with real-time information about thousands of aircraft around the world. It tracks over 180.000 flights, from over 1.200 airlines, flying to or from over 4.000 airports all over the globe in real time. You can even experience what the pilot sees in real time by tapping on the 3D button. This app will help you a lot if you are somewhat of a traveler yourself or even if you are only a curious person who would love to know everything about planes, flights, and airports.
- You can identify flights flying over you with the Augmented Reality tool; you must only tap the binoculars button and point your device’s camera to the sky and that way the app will identify flights overhead, describing its point of departure, arrival, and model of plane.
- Find a flight by searching for a flight’s number or route.
- Search for airports by their names or codes or just by tapping an airport pin on the map and you will get to see real-time arrivals, departures, and weather.
- You can also experience past flights by recreating their routes with speed and altitude stats.
- It is a free app.
- High-quality photos of aircraft and airports.
- Enhanced 3D views.
- Even though the paid version provides more features, the free version doesn’t let anything behind; you can track any flight you want but with a bit less specific information.
- It contains ads and in-app upgrades to improve the experience (Silver and Gold).
- Recondite places of the world do not have accurate information about the flights or airports.