The APK file is offered by Google LLC, in 2 variants for every update. The last one was received on Nov 9, 2018. Their sizes vary among updates and are offered for only Android 4.0 and higher. A lot of features included in a small form factor.
The translator includes more than 103 languages when online and 57 of them when offline. No matter whenever you tread off you can understand the locals, read out the translation, converse between them, use an inbuilt phrasebook to save translations and take pictures of them when required. From Afrikaans to Zulu, there is a rich support. It is a great tool indeed.
- Download and use offline for 57 languages translation
- Instant camera translation to translate text in 38 languages by pointing your camera at the written text
- You can use it to draw characters if you cannot use the camera or something to write and let the translator recognize it, support for 93 languages
- Sync between devices by signing in your Google Account and use it from anywhere
- Still does not fully function offline
- More languages need to be supported for direct Camera Mode translation
- Better usability, UI improvements for computer web app
- Better to use the camera feature to read and translate texts
- Copy paste any content and detect which language automatically
Use the APK file to store it in SD card and transfer from device to device.