Osmos HD was released on January 17th, 2012 and it was developed by Hemisphere Games Inc. The game has been nominated to several awards by the Independent Games Festival, the IGN editor’s choice awards and more. Its latest version is 2.3.1, and it was last updated on May 5th, 2015. The game has a download size of 32.11 MB. It can be downloaded from the Play Store or the developer’s website www.osmos-game.com. The game requires multi-touch and Android 2.2 or higher). The game is not only available for Android, but also iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
You start the game being a galactic mote which life’s purpose is to survive. You must grow by absorbing other motes that are smaller than you. However, to direct your mote, you must eject matter behind or in front of you which causes you to shrink and be an easier target for bigger motes than you. A balance must be created between these aspects, and it’s all about absorbing or being absorbed!
- It is a survival game which maintains players on edge the whole time.
- Astonishing physics-related gameplay.
- Hypnotic and relaxing soundtrack.
- The game contains an Odyssey, Arcade and Multiplayer mode.
- Many levels to play, 72 to be more specific.
- There is “infinite” bonus content.
- Eight different level types: Solar, Ambient, Impasse, Antimatter, Sentient, Repulsor, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
- No ads or in-game purchases.
- Infinite replay value: you can play random versions of every level.
- The game is 100% DRM and region free.
- Grants you achievements for completing goals and challenges that are skill-based.
- It is not a free game; you must pay a price of $2,24 to get it, the reason why there are no ads nor purchases inside the game.
- Last updated three years ago, henceforth many problems on the multiplayer mode are to be found (many players claim that online servers are down most of the time).
- Single player turns boring and tedious after a time playing the game.